shona methodist hymns

a forum for the Christian faith, belief in one God, methodist church hymns, the sanctity of life, third world development issues, alleviation of poverty

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Lord's Mercy on Israel (Jeremiah 31:15-17)

The Lord says ' A sound is heard in Ramah, the sound of bitter weeping. Rachel is crying for her children; they are gone, and she refuses to be comforted. Stop your crying and wipe away your tears. All that you have done for your children will not go unrewarded; they will return from the enemy's land. There is hope for your future; your children will come back home. I, the Lord, have spoken.

Source: Good News Bible, Illustrated, Collins, 1990:764

What I learn from this passage:- that
  • God is merciful
  • God can hear our crying
  • God is always watching over us
  • God comforts us
  • God gives us hope
  • God can deliver on his promises

Today 11th January 2007, I look back with satisfaction that God loves me and that he has been very kind by blessing me with the gift of life, good health, children, a home, a job, warm clothes and kind people. I look forward with hope to achieving my goals in life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually I don't read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, quite great article.

Check out my homepage: unlock iphone 4

Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:59:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is Ramah?

Thursday, February 20, 2020 9:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is Ramah?

Thursday, February 20, 2020 9:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home