shona methodist hymns

a forum for the Christian faith, belief in one God, methodist church hymns, the sanctity of life, third world development issues, alleviation of poverty

Friday, September 10, 2010

Healing

Today, 10th Sept 2010, I read a very touching story about the wife of the late actor, Patrick Swayze, Lisa Niemi, 54 who is said to be still texting him a year after he died in the hope the messages will reach him. They were married for 34 years.

According to The Sun, 10/09/10, Lisa said she keeps up their tradition of texting before getting on a plane. She said: "I put what I always did, 'I love you'."

Why I am talking about it?

Well, I am recognising the great pain of losing a loved one and the slow pace of healing. Although, it is said that 'time heals', I still think of my mother who passed away when I was a toddler. All I have of her is a photograph of her holding me and my late sister. I can't finish my blog entry because of distress.

May their soul rest in pece.

6 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

There are times when slow healing is a good thing. There are times when it is a bad thing. Everyone has to heal at their own pace. I enjoyed reading your blog. May God Bless You.

Monday, November 15, 2010 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks very much Cliff for your blog. I was looking for the popular Methodist songs we used to sing when I would attend the local Methodist church in Tshabalala, Bulawayo. It was an interesting service that was run in both Shona and Ndebele without interpretation.

On the subject of this post, I understand the story well. I lost my wife in 2008. Healing happens, memories linger...they never go away. Sometimes they are strong, sometimes they are just there.

Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

May the good memories comfort us when we lose loved one. I recommend a new song by the great Oliver Mutukudzi called Ronga Dongo take a listen

Ladylion

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger jeje said...

nike blazer low
true religion outlet store
titans jersey
nike roshe run
adidas ultra boost
moncler outlet
moncler jackets
ravens jerseys
kate spade outlet
adidas superstar women

Friday, June 08, 2018 6:13:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0705
fitflops shoes
manolo blahnik outlet
le coq sportif shoes
jordan shoes
fitflops sale clearance
canada goose jackets
adidas outlet
ugg outlet
canada goose outlet
air max 90

Wednesday, July 04, 2018 8:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home