shona methodist hymns

a forum for the Christian faith, belief in one God, methodist church hymns, the sanctity of life, third world development issues, alleviation of poverty

Friday, January 26, 2007

Lord Have Mercy




About the picture: taken by Clifford on 24.01.07 to mark the 1st snow for winter 2007 in Erith, Kent, UK








Lord I thank you for the gift of life



I pray today for your mercy



I have enough troubles to sort out on my own



Only you can give me wisdom, strength and power



Without you I am doomed



Prevent my enemies from destroying me



Protect me from the evil one



Rescue me from all the problems facing me -



At home, at work and further afield in my country



I know no other god than you Father Almighty



Bless me with answers to all the questions that I am asked



Help me exercise restraint in the face of extreme provocation



Pardon me for my sins as I forgive those who upset me



Let your name be praised by all mankind, for ever and ever



In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord



Lord have mercy, hear my prayers!



Amen










3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blog quite often and I seriously appreciate your information.
The article has really peaked my interest. I am going to book mark your
website and keep checking for new details about once a week.
I opted in for your Feed too.
Also see my web site :: exercising heart rate pregnancy

Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen!!

Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home